What is Aweber?
Aweber is a web-based email marketing solution used by many marketers, web startups and webpreneurs. In addition to offering some of the most affordable packages among email marketing software, it also claims to have invented autoresponder emails, which sends a series of automated emails to list prospects that meet certain rules or are in a specified niche.
Currently based in Chalfont, PA, Aweber offers many of the same features as other email marketing platforms (such as MailChimp, Constant Contact and iContact), including the following:
- Bulk email delivery – Aweber can send marketing and operational emails to select email addresses in your list (uploaded and maintained in Aweber). Whether you need to send to 50 or 5,000 individuals on your mailing list, email marketing providers like Aweber can do it all for you — from their IP address.
- Email templates – Like other email marketing solutions, Aweber comes with its own set of email templates that can be modified and used by Aweber users.
- Newsletter templates – One popular type of email template are newsletter templates. Aweber offers several types of newsletter templates that users can easily modify and use for their digital newsletters.
- List management – Aweber helps its users manage their email lists online. More importantly, Aweber provides and maintains an opt-out list that users will need to comply with CAN-SPAM regulations.
- List segmentation – Segmenting mailing lists is a key email marketing strategy. By segmenting lists and tailoring specific messages to each segment, email marketers are able to produce the relevancy that typically lead to higher click-through and conversion rates.
- Email tracking and monitoring – Like other email marketing solutions, Aweber allows users to track the effectiveness of their email marketing campaigns. Aweber’s tracking dashboards show which emails were opened, which links were clicked and how many people unsubscribed from your mailing list.
- Autoresponder – Perhaps one of the most powerful features provided by most email marketing software today is the autoresponder. And Aweber’s claim to fame is that they created the first autoresponder. Through autoresponders (also called workflow or rules-based emails), email marketers are able to more fully automate their process. This is particularly useful for lead nurturing campaigns.
The Web1Media Digital Marketing Encyclopedia is a free resource for web marketing professionals, website owners and webpreneurs. We welcome your comments, corrections and recommendations.
The content contained on this website may not be scraped, reproduced or copied for commercial purposes without the expressed written consent of the author and website publisher.